It all began with a pencil and a dream.
Although I intended to be an artist when I was young, I found my way into technology and the Internet through the most organic of means, a referral from my best friend. I started as an HTML proofreader converting PC based learning programs to HTML. In doing so, I found web development to be particularly well suited to my style of self-applied learning and natural technical aptitude. The rest is history.
Professionally, I work to find ways to improve code design, technical architecture, and development processes. I have written code that removes repetitive tasks and frameworks to serve as starting points for future technology projects. If I can make a development process more streamlined, collaborative, or organized, I make it my mission to see that become a reality.
- A desire for innovation, knowledge and leading-edge technologies
- Technical project planning and management
- Developing and streamlining development workflows and processes
- Relational database design
- Modular code development
- MVC Application Architecture and Development
- Site Optimization strategies and deployment
- Multi-Platform Development Strategies
Major Career Accomplishments:
- While at IKON Office Solutions, I built two custom Microsoft Access databases to manage the production life-cycle of printed manuals for IBM and Oxford Health Plans
- Served as both Art Director and Lead Developer of the IT and New Business intranet projects for Modem Media
- Served as Lead Developer of Citibank’s Global Transaction Services Web site re-launch in 2002
- Collaborated on a proprietary ActionScript framework for Starwood Hotels that corrected development inefficiencies of up to 75% compared to previous efforts and third-party vendor-related development
- Development leader on two versions of the Advertising Week web site that led to better usability, easier content management, and increased user registrations.