It all began with a pencil and a dream.
Although I intended to be an artist when I was young, I found my way into technology and the Internet through the most organic of means, a referral from my best friend. I started as an HTML proofreader converting PC based learning programs to HTML and in doing so; found the medium of web development to be particularly suited to my own style of self-applied learning and natural technical aptitude. The rest is history.
Professionally, I strive to find ways to better organize and streamline code design, technical architecture and development processes. This can include anything from writing software programs that automate redundant tasks all the way up to constructing complex technical frameworks to serve as launching points for future technical projects. If there’s a way to clean it up, revamp it or make a development process more collaborative, organized and forward-thinking, I make it my mission to see that become a reality.
- Desire for innovation, knowledge and leading edge technologies
- Technical project planning and management
- Developing and streamlining development workflows and processes
- Relational database design
- Modular code development
- MVC Application Architecture and Development
- Site Optimization strategies and deployment
- Multi-Platform Development Strategies
Major Career Accomplishments:
- While with IKON Office Solutions, I designed and developed two custom Microsoft Access databases to manage the production life-cycles of printed manuals for IBM and Oxford Health Plans
- Served as both Art Director and Lead Developer of the Technology and New Business intranet projects for Modem Media
- Served as Lead Developer of Citibank’s Global Transaction Services Web site re-launch in 2002
- Co-Designed and Developed a proprietary ActionScript framework for Starwood Hotels that corrected development inefficiencies of up to 75% compared to previous efforts and third-party vendor related development
- Development leader on two iterations of the Advertising Week web site that led to better usability, easier content management and increased user registrations and retention.