Since I first announced the OOTP Open Web Platform project back int he beginning of March, development of the mod has been moving along quietly. This is due to a couple things:
- The Bonfire team made a change to use the Twitter Bootstrap library for the Admin UI which required me to update my markup for all the modules I had coded to date (seven in all!)
- In anticipation of eventually migrating my Fantasy League mod to use the Bonfire dashboard, I made several contributions to the Bonfire core project for the upcoming 0.6 release. These include adding:
- User activation (as implemented in the fantasy mod)
- Debugging emails locally during Windows desktop development (when sendmail is not available)
- Adding password strength and matching labels to various forms in the tool (Still pending as changes to the core were initiated based on my update)
- The OOTP 13 beta occurred and I contributed testing and writing of storylines and several Road To Release articles (the GUI, Storylines, Cornacopia, Pitching Model and Expended playoffs)
- I initiated development of an open source community edition of the Storylines Editor tool. That project is newly announced and likely to go to public demo and beta release within the next week.
So lots going on. I may loop back to the fantasy mod to access v 13 compatibility, but that won’t be until the OOLM and Storylines betas are out and I take some time off to enjoy the spring. And work on my yard. And not think about code for a few days.